Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 9, 2013

365 Days Of Gratitude: Day 39

Yesterday I was thankful for.....

Being able to help with the Cooking class at the children's school. Luckily for Amelie, this year the kids get to start cooking in Year 3. They really need parent help for the classes to be effective because without enough volunteers all the children are unable to participate. This cooking class is part of a national Kitchen Garden program in selected schools where the children get to participate in the growing and preparing of food they eat. They weekly alternate between a cooking and a gardening class. One of the main reason I chose this school for my kids - love, love, love it!

So anyway....I helped supervise a group making pasta from scratch and sauce out of tomatoes grown in their garden....and then we got to eat it. Yum!

Being persuaded to share my popcorn with the two oldest children. If you know me, you know about my love for popcorn. I have been known to eat a large box all by myself at the movies....it was a challenge I happily accepted.
The plan was to put them to bed and head to my room to watch the latest episode of 'Suits'. Ash and Amelie begged to join me even though the times they were around while Michael and I watched it they couldn't understand any of it. Quite hilariously Ash said "I don't even know what they actually work at, just do this case, do that case and going to 'court'." I never realised how many metaphors were used in one episode until I started paying attention to it.

I may have been a little bit growly that they were eating all my popcorn....


No comments:

Post a Comment