Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 31, 2013

365 Days Of Gratitude: Day 30

Yesterday I was thankful for.....

The motivation to housekeep. It is still hot. I worked slow and steady. Halfway through I noticed how filthy our ceiling fans were....again. Lucky we only have three! (Baby wipes are awesome for cleaning fans.)

Since I have a rather inflated view of who actually reads my blog, and nothing makes me feel more validated that thinking people care about the things I have to share....

So, here are my top 3 super awesome housekeeping tips:

*    Aside from everyday functional cleaning (washing up, sweeping etc), make sure you do things you husband will notice, or he will be inclined to question what you have been doing all day. Its sucks, but it's just how it is - at least in my house anyway. 
As good as it makes me feel having clean fans, my husband won't notice unless I point it out.  Makings beds, eliminating piles of clutter, folding washing (ugh!), cleaning the super filthy vanity. Nothing beats the quick tidy before he walks in the door - even if you have been lost in an awesome book or TV series for most of the afternoon!

*    Keep the number of 'dumping grounds' (clutter spots - you know what I mean) you have to a minimum. I have two main ones - the other side of the brown couch for the kids toys I find laying around. It faces into the playroom so you can't see it from the living areas. Every couple of days (ok maybe once a week...) I yell at the kids to clean it up. (I am working on the yelling thing) My other one is a couple of in-trays I have - my paper dumping ground. I am terrible, I swear I only sort it every 4 months. Michael likes to use my study desk or sewing table for the dumping of random things - doesn't make me happy!

*   Everything feels better when the floors are mopped or carpets vacuumed. 


An easy middle of the night bed change. I am getting used the fact that I am going to have to get up quite regularly to change sheets while Jack is transitioning out of night nappies. Last night because of how he was sleeping the wee only went through his sheet - meaning I didn't have to wash his 'wee mat' and plastic sheet as well the next day.....yay!! Small pleasures - if you are a mum you will understand how awesome this is!




No comments:

Post a Comment