Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

365 Days Of Gratitude:Day 15

Yesterday I was grateful for......(doh, hate missing days!)

A beach day with friends that we do not often get to see. The kids played together brilliantly!! Absolutely love it when that happens. No bickering = bliss.

Dodging the bullet that was a previous boyfriend* (the relationship was so disastrously complicated - I am not even sure that it could have been labelled!), finding a good friend in his ex-wife, ("ex" - ugh...is there a better prefix, please let me know!)and therefore still getting to hang out with their awesome children!! 

Stopping by to see my fabulous Babushka on the way home - love her so much! She fed us mangoes, we helped her sort the toy box and I dozed on the carpet while my children played around me (I am my father's daughter!). She is 87 (I think), and I selfishly want her to live forever. Or at least so my children can have her in their life growing up as much I had her in mine. I honestly can't imagine my life without her. 

Frozen leftovers. 

And "Pushing Daisies" time with my most excellent husband.

*9.23pm - So I feel bad about this comment - I have been thinking about it on and off all day - it is phrased rather callously. So rephrasing - I am just really grateful that my life didn't turn out the way that I wanted it to at the time with that particular person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment