Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 20, 2013

365 Days Of Gratitude: Day 19

Yesterday I was grateful for.....

Being motivated enough to start doing some weights again. I always lose my  mojo when it comes to personal weights sessions. I don't know if it's to do with the fact that I don't have a workout buddy, or that it's hard work and I don't like to push myself. Whatever it is I would like to commit once a week to working on my strength (in addition to a my Body Pump class and the resistance training I get from Combat).

Michael is completely anti weights training when it comes to women, or men for that matter. He thinks, for men, that muscle should come from pure hard work not poncing around in front of the mirrors at a gym. Fair enough. However, when it comes to women, I beg to differ. He likes to go on about how beautiful a women is with her soft natural curves, but I know what he looks at and most are those women who are the 2% (or something) of the population that just naturally have shape in all the right places, and the rest probably do some sort of strength training he just doesn't realise.

When a women gets older, no matter how gorgeous she was when she was younger, and she has done no form of strength training that is when you start to notice it. Especially in her posture.

Weight training can, for example:-

Improve mobility and balance
Improve posture
Increase bone density and strength
Enhance performance of everyday tasks
Assist in the prevention and control of health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis
Decrease the risk of injury
Weight management
Improve sleep patterns (from the Vic State Government Better Health Site)

Why wouldn't you start training? It is not at all about crazy buff man arms and a ripping six pack......I highly recommend it ladies!

Making good food choices. And not resorting to take out because it was easier not to prepare something. I am really feeling the responsibility of keeping my family healthy at the moment.

Weekend quality time with my super studly husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment