Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome To My Fresh Start Monday + Barely Contained Excitement

So I kind of dropped the ball this weekend....Don't really know what happened....

BUT...

On the upside I am feeling 100 times better today!....Went for an early morning road run around our block, which happens to be a decent 9km with quite a few hills. It was hard but extremely awesome!! Really helped to get my 'mummy mojo' back. Ran the opposite way to what I usually go, so the last couple of km's had some absolutely killer hills - so much so that I had to pause my iPod and focus like crazy so I didn't stop running - Arrrghh!

 Me, after run, being super proud of my efforts (please ignore the awful hair and early morning face!)

I always find hard runs a bit of a metaphor for life (though I have been known for my dodgy parables *wink*)....As I run, I often wish I could power on through the emotional turmoil and the study grind like I can on those hills. I find myself also wondering why my spiritual wellness and strength isn't as important to me as my physical health, as much as I want it to be....and I honestly do. That is something I really need to work on.

So, welcome to my Fresh Start Monday....the awesomeness starts today! :)

* * * *
Four more sleeps until Swingstation!!!!....in case you didn't get the memo - I am crazy excited!!! I have finally got some proper west coast swing shoes....

 
They feel soooo good to dance in....I am still trying to break them in so I don't have blisters to deal with on the weekend. M is coming over today, hopefully I can get a bit of a dance out of him! *wink* (Yay, for danceable cork floors at home!) 



The clip I have been 'studying' over the last couple of days for moves
that I want to work on with Michael....

The comment I left underneath when I posted it to his page...
"Note:....1.01 whip variation, 1.08 THAT move (and you are right there is a hand change), and the ending is funky, 1.43 love it, 2.09 cool...2.18 rock n go, 2.36 I like the variation, 2.40 niiice.....some achievable moves with a little practise, I ignored the super hard ones ;)....I guess its a good thing I can recognise the variations now and not being so bamboozled!! :)"

Yes, I am slightly obsessed, and its hard with "partner" dancing, because I can't learn by myself, so Michael has to learn the moves in order to lead me - but he gets to give me critique when I need it (which I find terribly hard to take!).....I may on occasion get over excited when I really like a song, and become very difficult to lead! Hahaha......

No comments:

Post a Comment