Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We Didn't Get It.....

.....The house we really wanted :(, and another application wasn't accepted as well. They just said the owner chose someone else. I am pretty bummed out, it felt so perfect! But hey, some times things just don't work out the way that you think they should, no matter how good it feels.

I have been told that obviously there is a more perfect house out there for us....."more perfect" how? I wonder. Maybe 'more perfect' is the growth that comes from accepting something that may be not quite what we want, or an awesome owner/real restate, or fantastic neighbours....I don't know. Regardless, as down as I feel I know that where ever we end up (even if we have to kick Michael out of his place until we are married ;) it will be where we are meant to be.

We have one more application in - I did really like this place, nice and neat and I spent ages chatting to the real estate lady.....she married someone 10 years her junior, we were talking about age difference. She was cool with the kids running around, hiding in the cupboards. The floor is 'floor board' looking lino, the main bedroom has small walk-in wardrobe and an ensuite, the bathroom was nice, the carpet was decent - I could easily be happy there too....poky street and all. :)

UPDATE
Just realised the neighbouring suburb to where we are looking for a house is still in the ward boundaries - with bigger (4 bedrooms), newer houses for the same price.....If we are accepted for this other house, can we let go of something we already have for something better? One in the hand is worth two in the bush.....hmmm

Looks like its another few days down the coast....this time I am not going to bother with inspections, just going straight for the application after the drive-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment