Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Warm Fuzzies.....

I haven't blogged for awhile because I have been so busy with family, study and other things (don't ask me what they are? ;)...and every time I get the urge I am right in the middle of something....

So today I am blogging, not because I have anything topical to write about or because I have some free time, but because I just feel awesome and I wanted to share it.

Today is fast Sunday - and I forgot, I have been fasting regularly since maybe late last year - and I am starting to get in the swing of it, so I didn't want to miss a Sunday. We only planned to go to sacrament today because Michael and I have dance practice for our first routine performance next Saturday (I am really excited, and it wasn't something I thought we could miss) ....Anyway, Dad is coming to babysit the kids for a few hours while we go and he was coming too early for us to make sacrament and be back in time to get ready.

So I am fasting for as long as I can before practice, and we went to early morning church to catch Sacrament. Testimony meeting was great, the kids are a lot more well behaved in church now because they are so used to it. I love the opportunity that fasting gives me to focus on the Saviour and his influence in my life. Sometimes, if we don't have a regular church Sunday its easy for it to feel like a Saturday - so I am so grateful that the hunger helps me focus and remember Him.  

We came home from church and I made brunch for everyone who wasn't fasting.....I am really finding joy in cooking for my family at the moment. I love the opportunity motherhood has given me to serve them, its awesome when they like the things I make (for the kids, this is mostly the snacky baking, not the healthy dinners ;) and I can't help feeding my husband too much 'good' food....I best keep him dancing, doing pushups and on the treadmill...hehe.....

I adore my family, and my life so much and the moment - even though its a struggle with uni, and finding money for everything we need - I am so grateful for my challenges and how they bring me closer to my Father in Heaven. I really do pray that we continue to move forward in our spirituality as a family - because its so good right now and we have so far yet to go - its exciting to think how it can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment