Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Failures And Regrets....

 


No regrets....is probably how I should view life, but sometimes there are things that happen that I quiet frankly, regret. I find myself rehashing the event over and over in my head, stressing and thinking of all the ways I could have made better choices or been a better person. But in reality.....being the "me" that I am at that time - I really don't think I could have done anything differently - despite my best intentions otherwise....*sigh* because in the moment I knew what I wanted to do but I just couldn't do it....

Obviously everyone has failures - it is a pretty unavoidable part of life. Therefore, if its an unavoidable part of life - is it then a necessary part?? For if we didn't err, how would we learn or grow??

So in this instance, to prevent my failures from becoming regrets, and dwelling on the guilt rather than the lesson - I am asking myself a few questions....

What personal shortcomings are highlighted by this failure?

Are there any associated fears preventing me from succeeding?

What opportunities are being presented because of this?

And do you know what??.........Failure does not make me (or you) a bad person!.....Every event good or bad is an opportunity for learning and for growth in our lives - we just need to be receptive, and able to recognise these opportunities as they present themselves.

PS Soichiro Honda said it best – “Success is 99% failure”.

PPS Its always awesome to have friends around who love you regardless








1 comment: