Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Academia.....


So I haven't blogged for about a month - mostly because Dad cut off the internet...and to save getting my own service provider for the last couple of months I am here, M hooked me up so I can piggy back off Grandma's connection next door (relax - she knows....) - However, this means I have to sit in the middle of the hallway at the other end of the house to get a good signal (which kinda sucks)....and haven't really been in my own comfort zone to blog.....

Anyway - at the moment I am up way too late stressing about uni....more specifically my degree and what I am going to major in. Thought I had it all figured out - Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting (I dabbled with the idea of a combined Accounting/Law degree - although I ended up deciding it would cost too much money and take too long) - its what I like, what I have experience in....AND I am reasonably good at it....

BUT

....As it turns out, I am really loving Finance....like REALLY loving Finance! This is my first subject in the area, aside from a brief couple of classes as part of my accounting subject in high school - and I basically don't have a clue! I like what I am learning - and its the first time I have actually read a whole chapter of one of my text books because I actually WANTED to understand.  Its fascinating stuff!



The Problem: My tutor is a complete nerd....a super cool guy, but a complete nerd....He has degree in Maths and Physics with a PhD in Maths (there is more, I think - but you get the point)....anyway, bottom line is, he is crazy smart....and I am not. I am just a little bit smart and rather afraid that isn't going to be enough.

Hmmmm.......So that is where I am at, madly surfing the internet to find out what jobs there are in finance....and wondering if its for me - and worrying just a little because I feel like I don't have time anymore to make career choice mistakes! I need to get a degree and support my family, I can't afford to mess around - and I want to love what I do! Is that too much to ask??

*sigh*

I seriously think my brain is going to explode.....

Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment