Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Endorphins, please!.....



 Now I have something to say about running...I love it! I have only taken it up in the last year or so and really - before then I just didn't know what all the hype was about....(obviously only from those that did 'hype' about it).....but since I was completely unfit at the time and the only thing available to me was a treadmill I thought I would have a go. 

Didn't think I would ever be able to run 5km....and I did....

Didn't think I would ever be able to run 10km...and even though I had managed 5km, it really did seem completely impossible! But thanks to the incentive of last years Bridge to Brisbane and the training program in the Sunday paper....and wait for it....yes, I made it...

Now its my thing....its how I destress, refocus and mentally work out my problems, AND recharge my self esteem....cause baby on that treadmill (or on the road), with funky beats on my iPod I am the sexiest woman alive! hahaha..... 

So here's to endorphins those wonderful natural chemicals that make us feel great! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! New blog? I enjoy reading my sisters blog. I tried running a couple of years ago.... so not my thing, haha. Some people are built for power, not endurance :)
    M Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you!!! Glad you have found the perfect way to destress. Love Donna x

    ReplyDelete