Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 8, 2013

365 Days Of Gratitude: Day 66

Yesterday I was thankful for.....

Time with friends. More specifically my best friend, the only person I have even been able to swap shoes with (size 10 too!), my bridesmaid....who helped make my wedding one of the best days of my life....Evette.



I have known Evette for almost 5 years, I cannot believe it has been that long! Our sons were both in Prep together. I had just left my first husband and I was a mess. Withdrawn, ridiculously insecure, anxiety girl. She noticed that my son was wearing a "Huonville Primary School" school jumper and started a conversation with me. She had grown up in Huonville. Of course she was from Tassie, she was the funkiest mum there.

We became instant friends, with the help of our boys being best mates. She watched me heal, listened to me wax long about myself, my future, the men that I dabbled with, drank with me, shared her wisdom, her insecurities, laughed with me....and confirmed my feelings that Michael was most definitely a keeper.

I don't get to see her much. I moved further away and we are both so busy with work/uni/family etc that it is hard to catch up. But when we do, it is awesome and I cherish it, and wish those times were far more frequent.

Yesterday we went op shopping....one shop, piles of clothes - over three hours of girlie awesomeness. We talked and tried on clothes, swapping them above the change room stalls. It was so fun...we must do it again...soon.

We lunched and talked more. I wish we didn't have to pick up the kids, because we probably could have talked all day. Sometimes I wonder if we had unlimited time, how long could we actually talk for? hmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment