Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day.....

I am exhausted and my eyes are sore from crying (for hours!)....my Mother's Day this year equated to a major melt down on my behalf *sigh*....A culmination of a lot of things, iced off with the fact that I really don't think my kids got the memo about Mother's Day...

But in looking back on my day I guess that is what it means to be a mother - going from the extreme of feeling like a complete failure and wanting to put the kids on a plane to live with their dad (this lasted for 2 hours :( ), to watching my 3 year old sleep in my arms at church and thinking how cute he is, Ash getting me a present all by himself from the Mother's Day stall that I really like (the kind of clips I wear), Amelie making me a beautiful card at church, and her kindness in getting all the girls in the house a present, Jack helping me cook and eating all the chocolate, getting emotional flipmode on my mum (I feel awful about that...), giving my man a chance to be there for me (I am so grateful, he is amazing) and having him at a family dinner, watching him play card games with Ash (okay, I got a little warm and fuzzy over that, and yes Jess, he is DEFINITELY a keeper!), having Ash give me a big hug and seeing that my kids love me more than anything, even when I am a less than perfect mum they still think I am the best.....and the "goodnight mummy, we love you" kisses from all of them....

I wouldn't trade it for the world.....Happy Mother's Day beautiful ladies!! xx

* * * * 

A special shout out to Grandma Berice for being the best Great Grandmother EVER!! For entertaining the children's crazy whims, for letting them get 'creative' constantly, for allowing the early morning visits and making them super special, and for watching "Thomas" over and over (for that is truly an amazing feat).....I am so grateful for the influence that she is in their lives and feel amazingly blessed that they get the same Grandma I had when I was their age....I love you Grandma!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment