Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Timely Ressurection....."Gourmet" Checker Plate....






This necklace has been sitting in my jewelery box with a broken connection for over a year - it was one J (ex husband) had made for me while we were married and one of my favourites. It sat unattended for so long because I didn't know what to do to fix it - he was good at making things and I wasn't...or so I believed. Having an artist as a husband does wonders for an already fragile self esteem....

Anyway....a couple of days ago I decided that instead of restringing it exactly the same way I was quite capable using the same beads and  doing my own design....this was a big deal for me ok! :) ....It took three goes and a little frustration....now I know why I don't do this sort of thing - I hate fiddly things and my patience is extremely short!! Haha....But it was a success and I am very proud of myself.....So yay for me!



I really don't know what happened to the last couple of weeks....I totally rocked Christmas, had all the presents in advance and wasn't stressed out at all....But then got into super chill out holiday mode with the kids and kind of forgot about school...oops....

So from last week I have been trying to hook up uniforms, shoes and school supplies (lucky I ordered them in advance).....and it has sucked - everything was sold out and I was wigging out because this year I have two children at school and year 2 just seems like a way bigger deal than year 1....I have been wanting to kick my ex husband's a$$ for not having a clue, and not really caring to know what it takes to raise three children....random phone calls just don't cut it!....

In essence I have spent the last couple of days extremely emotional with a major Australia Day meltdown...oh yeah....gotta love those. :| But thanks to an awesome friend for letting me delay their day and having a cry to them, and to my Dad for being such a dude and helping me contact school books etc after dinner, and to my  very cool brother for playing with the kids in the pool (I really don't think he realises how much influence he has in their lives!)

So my kids don't have new school bags for school yet, only some of Ash's books are contacted because the only contact I could find in my travels was one (extremely small) roll  of this checker plate stuff - which turned out to be very funky and I shudder to think how much I paid for it cause I didn't even check. Now it looks like I am all about "gourmet" contact - but really if I could have found any thing else I would have got it!

But the kids know I love them and I reckon we will all survive the first day of school......But my eyes are seriously sore from the whole lot of crying I did today! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment