Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dreaming Of The Countryside.....







Yinnar - Victoria 

I miss the country.....which may seem confusing to some, since I live out in the stix, but that's bush...what I miss is "green pastures, rolling hills  and locals that haven't been to the city in years" country...

I went to visit Moe (Vic) last August - and a friend took me on a tour of the area...the scenery was absolutely breathtaking - similar to the Huon Valley (where I used to live and what I thought was most beautiful place in Australia), but the soil was redder and it was potato country, so the landscape was a patchwork of green and red....amazing...I wish I could find a more accurate photo...

Anyway...

.....I found myself holding back tears (literally on the verge of balling my eyes out) for almost the whole time I was staying there.... I know....what the? I just had an intense feeling of "this is what I want...". The simple life....not easy....but stripped back......less materialistic, smaller schools, community vibe - the kids and I chillin' in the country....:)

Don't know how or when - but I will get there...

Are there any places that stir your soul?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like kens dream.. he loves green.. so do I.. dont know about the 'never been to teh city in years' bit though.. lol

    ReplyDelete